40 years of trust & experience from our family to yours
Asphalt Patch Systems is looking for a reliable, hard working individual to fill an immediate opening on our concrete team. Our crew performs a variety of concrete work, including flatwork, sidewalk, curb/gutter, and ADA ramps. We are looking for a Class A CDL driver who is licensed to drive automatic and manual transmissions and isn’t afraid to jump in and get their hands dirty on a jobsite.
Pay & Benefits…
$20/hour depending on qualifications
Prevailing wage paid when required by contract (rate and frequency vary, but current journey level rate is $63.71/hour)
100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance for employee, with employer contribution towards dependent coverage
Paid time off accrued weekly
Excellent 401(k) match and profit-sharing program
Required Education and Experience:
Valid Class A commercial driver’s license
Able to drive both manual and automatic transmission
Insurable driver with at least three years safe driving record
Minimum one year of concrete experience
Current flagging card, or willingness to obtain
Preferred Education and Experience:
3-5 years of concrete experience
Experience operating heavy equipment such as loader, excavator, or saw
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment and random drug tests
Must be able to obtain clearance to work on US military bases
1. Loads, secures, and safely transports heavy equipment, job material, and waste material in company dump truck to and from job site.
2. Operates truck and trailer according to applicable laws and employer practices.
3. Performs manual labor associated with job prep and concrete installation, including removing waste material, preparing grade, and maintaining a tidy job site.
4. Assists concrete finishers in setting forms, molding edges and joints, smoothing and finishing poured surfaces, and sealing concrete.
5. Uses a variety of tools and equipment, including power tools and hand tools.
6. Occasionally operates heavy equipment.
7. Monitors job site to prevent tampering of wet concrete.
8. Occasionally performs traffic control duties such as setting up/taking down traffic signs, and flagging in work zones.
9. Participates in training and classes as needed, such as first aid or flagging.
10. Adheres to all company, state, and federal safety standards.
11. Punches in and out of different jobs using mobile time tracker.
12. Completes and submits administrative paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including receipts and purchase orders.
13. Communicates effectively with foreman, fellow crew members, customers, and general public.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Concrete Finishers operates in a primarily outdoor environment with varying and sometimes extreme weather conditions. The work environment can be loud at times.
Requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing, reaching, handling, and feeling. Regularly required to talk and hear while performing all duties of this job. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, day shift position with frequent overtime. The core schedule is Monday through Friday, but days and hours of work vary according to demand. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Local travel to and from job sites is required. Overnight travel is seldom to never.
About the Company…
Asphalt Patch Systems has been the premier paving contractor for Pierce, King and Thurston counties since 1981. We are a family-owned business providing services in asphalt, concrete, and saw cutting in both the private and public sectors. Our asphalt services include utility and residential patching, as well as parking lot maintenance and custom driveways. We also provide concrete curbing, sidewalks, patios, driveways, and custom stamping. Asphalt Patch Systems is proud to be a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate based on any trait protected by law.
Asphalt Patching Systems has been the premier paving company for Pierce, King & Thurston County for nearly 40years.
Asphalt Patching Systems has been the premier paving company for Pierce, King & Thurston County for nearly 40years. Covering both commercial and residential projects, we are proud to serve our customers daily. Someone should get back to you in 24hrs.
Thank You for thinking of Asphalt Patch Systems for your construction needs.